INVENTORCLOUD is innovative, flexible, and comprehensive curriculum for K-12 makerspaces that prepares students for the industry demands of tomorrow. We are excited to announce that we’ve completely reimagined INVENTORCLOUD to make it easier than ever to bring makerspace projects into your classroom. A brand new, easy-to-navigate website, an updated modern design, and several new features make classroom integration as seamless as possible. Check out some of the new features below!
- Filter Function: Easily locate projects that are appropriate for your classroom with our new filter function. Search by grade level, difficulty level, subject area, duration, or makerspace equipment. As a non-member, you can view a project preview that includes photos of the final product, a description of the project, a list of the related 21st century skills, and the expected student learning outcomes.
- Distance Learning Options: Given the uncertainty of the upcoming school year, our curriculum catalog includes several distance learning projects. The distance learning projects are intentionally flexible and include full-tech, low-tech, and no-tech options so that students can use makerspace equipment, if available, or complete the project at home with commonly available items.
- Innovative Partners: Our catalog includes several projects that were developed with experts in the STEM field including NASA, MakerGirl, and Dremel. Each of these partners lends their expertise in specific areas including space, mathematics, and engineering (NASA), introductory 3D printing (MakerGirl), and open-ended real-world design challenges (Dremel).
- Academic Standards: Each project is aligned to national academic standards including Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards, which allows for easy integration into your existing curriculum. State standards alignment is also available upon request.
- Computer-Aided Design Support: Computer-aided design is an integral part of a makerspace. Each applicable INVENTORCLOUD project includes CAD tutorial videos that provide students with step-by-step instructions and an example design. Our tutorials use common design platforms including Fusion 360, Onshape, and Tinkercad. Additional CAD support is also available from our experts.
- Downloadable Worksheets: Each applicable project includes a downloadable worksheet that complement the project’s procedure. Students can follow the worksheet digitally or print out a paper copy. The worksheets provide space for teams to brainstorm design ideas, guide students through the design process, and include reflection questions.
We are excited to share the new INVENTORCLOUD with you and are confident these updated features will lead to a successful makerspace experience for you and your students. As always, we are here to support you!