A Fab Lab or Makerspace is a place for innovation, invention, collaboration and learning using a variety of technical tools and materials through digital fabrication. Students learn to be creative and turn an idea into a reality and use in the real world. Whether called Fab Labs, STEAM Labs, Hackerspaces, or Makerspaces, these “Project-Based Learning” labs are popping up in educational institutions all around the globe. A Fab Lab is not just for tech courses; all STEAM classes use the spaces to enhance their curriculum.
Design & Layout
- Pre-design consultation with students and staff
- Design presentations of layout, graphics and furnishings
Design & Layout
Furniture & Equipment
- Rally Table – Sit or stand, learn, make, collaborate
- Story Table – Available in three heights to create stadium seating for training
- Discovery Table
- Fusion Table
- Workbench Table
- Chairs – mobile, adjustable height chairs (Kendo or Evar)
- Storage Carts – Store all of your supplies and lock for safety
- Equipment selections for project-based learning:
- Dremel® 3D Printer – Design and print almost
- Dremel® Laser Cutter – Cut and engrave a variety of materials including wood, stone, glass, fabric, paper and leather
- Tormach® CNC Router – Hands-on STEM education to teach real world manufacturing skills
- Jamboard – Virtual whiteboard used for collaboration
- Storm Virtual Presence™ – Digital equipment used to share resources from classroom to classroom
- SparkFun – Electronic kits for hands-on learning and problem solving
Furniture & Equipment
A Project Manager will plan and organize the installation process.
- National Cooperative Leasing (NCL) can help you purchase your fab lab! NCL is an independelty owned company providing financing solutions for government and educational agencies throughout the nation.
- Approval Process – Simple and fast same day approval.
- Flexible payment options – The payment is tailored to suit the needs of each agency. Options are annual, semi-annual, quarterly and monthly payment intervals.
- Nothing down – For the majority of the financing plans, there is no down payment or security deposit required.
Our experienced and trained team will install all the art, graphics, furniture and equipment for your fab lab.
- National Coalition of Certification Centers – A network of leading educational institutions and globally competitive industries that embody passion for innovative models that produce sustainable highly skilled workforce
- Training and certification standards provided for education
- Provides educational curriculum to prepare students for career success
- K-12 STEAM program aligns with Common Core and other state standards
- Combines design process with technology, emphasizing creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, collaboration and effective communication
- Up to 71% of students agreed that their understanding of technology and the ability to solve technical and design challenges significantly improved after completing the programs
- (Assessment by Carnegie Mellon University 2016)
- Level 1 Support – One phone number to call for all of your questions.
- Customer Experience Team will provide orientation on how to order supplies and materials, request warranty/tech support and register for additional training.
- Customer Experience Team will follow up every 60 days to check on upcoming needs or questions.
- Local Community – After school usage of the fab lab to the community.
- Parents and Families – School’s vision, types of projects/curriculum and key features of the lab.
- Government and Commerce – Skill’s students will develop and the value to the community.
- Industry Advisory Council – Supports school districts
fab lab initiatives and vision by providing input and recommendations from an industry perspective.
- Students – STEAM/STEM skills learned in the fab lab that relate students to future real world skills.
- Economic Development – Students will be prepared to work in local community business and support local growth.